About the Job
Harlem Children’s Zone, Inc. (HCZ) is a multi-site, multi-program community organization that provides a unique and comprehensive interlocking network of education, social and health services, and recreation to more than 26,000 children and adults in Central Harlem. Whether in its Promise Academy charter schools or public schools, HCZ’s high standards and expectations are the same for all of its children—ensuring that all of them are on track to attend college and successfully graduate with degrees.
Community Pride is a resident driven, neighborhood revitalization program which has led to the creation of community coalitions and the transfer of city-owned buildings to resident management and ownership. We work with community residents to develop their leadership skills, advocate for services, enhance the physical environment of their neighborhood, and improve overall economic stability.
Community Pride is currently seeking a Program Coordinator who can efficiently lead event planning and engagement in a fast-paced environment and increase the impact of Community Pride in the Harlem. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for the mission of HCZ, understanding of Harlem culture, strong project management skills, and proven event organizing expertise. The Intake Assistant will report to the Program Assistant Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with community groups to identify current concerns, initiate appropriate strategies to address those concerns
- Advertise, coordinate and participate in various presentations, forums, and events to raise awareness of available resources
- Supervise and lead team of community organizers and event staff
- Build effective trust-based relationships with staff and the community, with focus on St. Nicholas Houses (e.g., educational and job readiness programming, street/building clean-ups, gardening, mural painting, etc)
- Establish and maintain relationships with community leaders, government/law enforcement partners, elected officials
- Provide technical assistance and direct action for service referrals
- Track and report on multiple aspects of program operations
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualification, Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission and programs of HCZ
- A minimum of one year of supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree and experience working with adolescents/young adults in educational/employment related fields
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong group facilitation skills
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook
How to Apply:
To be considered, interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to enter “Program Coordinator, Community Pride” in the subject of the email.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. To be considered, interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume. No telephone inquiries or recruiters please. Replies will only be sent to qualified applicants. HCZ is an EOE.
• Post ID: 138758692 nyother